Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inverter and drip charger Installed

I hope this post finds everyone well.

H and I decided that an inverter was a must if we where to stealth camp of boon dock because I have sleep apnea I snore like a freight train. I also stop breathing etc which can lead to stroke and heart attacks. If you snore get checked out please!

Anyway we decided on an 800 watt inverter just to have too much than too little. I rewired the switch so I could place it somewhere other than behind the food stuff. This probably voided the warranty on the inverter, but anyway I attached the switch to wires the could reach anywhere in the bus.



Note: The bus wood has a sticky substance on all surfaces. Which all you gear sticks to. So as I was pulling the shelving out of the buss H was doing some cutting of her own. Which BTW makes working on the bus so much nicer.

Thanks H ;)










After the shelves where removed for resurfacing I placed the wires.You need someone with small hands of a bigger whole the putting all the wire through that whole was painful :)









In the top left of the picture you'll see a power outlet. This outlet is where your frig is plugged in, it goes to the external plug that you use when you can get to the outlet. I installed a drip charger here so it will automaticlly charge my deep cell battery when we plug the bus in.

Here are my helpers!
























I ran the switch wire through the first compartment, then the second compartment (following the lines that lead to the water tank) then up through the closet. I wanted the switch to be visable so I would not forget to turn if off when I was done camping.





Finishing up.
I have more picts of the project than I can put on this form. If yopu have any questions please ask :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well written blog with useful information about Inverter with Charger.
Inverter with Charger